School Bullshit Bingo™ ! The game for all staff! Ages 5 and up.

'BULLSHIT!!!!'
Back at school? Got too much to do but not enough time to do it all? School helping by giving you lots of meetings to go to?

You need Bullshit Bingo™! Just draw up a handy scorecard, photocopy and circulate to your friends, if you have any, and cross a square off every time one of the words or phrases are mentioned. When you cross off the four boxes in the corner, cough loudly while saying 'House!'. If you get all the squares, show everyone you've won by coughing 'Bullshit!' For bonus points, stand up, raise both hands in the air, and turn the cough into a barbaric whoop. BULLSHIT!!! Watch as the whole room breaks into applause, including the hard-on at the podium. Possibly.

Depending on how fashionably awful your school is, this game can last from five minutes to an eternity. Play again and again! Livens up the dreariest staff meeting!

There are no failing children, only failing teachers
Stakeholders
Thinking skills
The research proves that...
Head Learner
Life-long learners
Be the guide from the side
21st Century learners
Sharing best practise
Catch them being good
Tailored Learning styles
Every child matters
Inclusion for all
Feedback
All hail the Great Satan
Independent learning
Group work is the best way to learn
Multiple intelligences
Year-on-year
OfSTED will be looking for...
The ark was built by amateurs, the Titanic by experts!
Thinking hats
Blue sky thinking
Student voice
Evidence of learning
'Hey! You sunk my Bullshit!'



Warning: playing Bullshit Bingo™ can seriously reduce your chances of internal promotion. 

Comments

  1. How amazing is it that no matter what part of planet you live on, this little game works. I would add, "You must capture their hearts before you capture their minds" and/or "make a personal connection."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blank Bingo cards should come with every starter NQT pack.

    @mybellringers What school do you teach in? Shock and Awe High? 'Capture their hearts and minds?' Chilling...

    @gillibob Nearly doesn't cut it. Keep playing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Put on that copy of "Dead Poets Society", you know you want to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blue sky thinking how i can get the rest..hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job TB.

    If you think this bad you should sit in on a Westminster committee sometime.
    They have their own dynamic lexicon of bullshit.

    Out of the frying pan and into the fire for me I think...*sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's a couple I've not heard anyone say before and possibly a few I've said. Will try not to be fashionably awful when I'm the hard on on the podium tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ A3 *intrigued...*
    I think I would LOVE to sit on a W committee. But then the reality of it would probably destroy me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ David D

    That's the spirit!

    I used to be middle management in an American theme diner chain- the Mothership for cliché that would make your viscera curdle. And then we stared in the mirror and wondered if we could live with ourselves.

    *might just have been me*

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's like staring into the void TB.
    There is no way out.
    I could probably get you an 'in' sometime.

    Right I'm off to make my PGCE card...
    I may be some time.

    *wipes tears* *looks poignantly into the distance*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for making me laugh :0) (....as you SO clearly pointed out, there's not much doing that right now!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Anon3 Anytime you can smuggle me in, let me know. Like a Soho hook-card (or an ad in Private Eye), I promise discretion...

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Journals

    *bows* My work here is done :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two lines and building up nicely to a full house. Once you start listening the bullshit keeps on flowing..
    @mybellringers- i was told i was very good at making personal connections with my pupils- i nearly spit my tea out and cursed it wasn't part of the bingo..I am keeping it for substitution!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can 'Taking responsibility for their own learning' substitute for 'Independent learning'?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment